Triathletes Are More Than People Who Swim, Bike, & Run
Why Tri? People are motivated to "take the plunge" for many reasons:
- "To lose weight fast!"
- "To boost self-confidence"
- "To find more meaning in my exercise."
- "To live more fully."
- "To be able to say I did it."
In developing the movie concept "13 Miles", we have found the reason that resonates with us most:
"To Serve as a model for others and show what is truly possible in life."
We began making 13 Miles with the intention of inspiring and promoting the sport of triathlon because of athletes who subscribe to that mantra, "To Serve".
Triathletes who live by this creed are CHAMPIONS of TRIATHLON!
*Sponsors who wish to remain Anonymous will not be listed above
Meet the 13 Miles Champions
How are the funds raised through 13 Miles Champions applied:
- 45% of all funds raised with be allocated to the Triathletes above.
- 5%: will support the champions of tomorrow through a donation to Triathlon BC's Pool to Podium program for developing young athletes.
- 50%: of the funds will be applied to the making of 13 Miles, our triathlon movie in production in 2017. This money supports the cast and crew and other production costs as we work to complete the film.
Sponsors for the 13 Miles Champions program will:
- Be listed as a Champion Sponsor on ourChampions Webpage (coming in January, 2017).
- Receive a special Thank You from the Producers AND the Triathletes you have sponsored.
- Receive regular updates on your sponsored triathletes, including race results, training updates, interesting articles, etc. This will include a regular email update (no more than 1x/week) once our triathletes are selected.
- Receive regular updates on the making of 13 Miles movie if you elect to.
- Receive a "Champions of 13 Miles" MOVIE CREDIT when the movie is completed.
- Be eligible for any discounts or coupons on: race entries, triathlon equipment, movie downloads or other promotions the Producers will make available throughout 2017.
- Be part of a community supporting the sport of triathlon!